Transforming Australia’s Ground Based Air Defence capability.
The Australian Government recently announced first pass approval for Project LAND 19 Phase 7B which will deliver Army’s future Short Range Ground Based Air Defence (SRGBAD) capability. This approval provided for the release of a Single Supplier Limited Tender to Raytheon Australia as the Prime System Integrator (PSI).
Raytheon’s proposal for second pass consideration by Government will be based upon the proven Raytheon/KONGSBERG National Advanced Surface to Air Missile System (NASAMS) capability that is fielded in seven nations, including the United States.
The project is scheduled for second pass consideration by Government in 2019, with an Initial Operating Capability established by the 2022/23 financial year.
The acquisition program will be preceded by Risk Mitigation Activities where Raytheon, in collaboration with CEA Technologies and Thales Australia, will assess the potential integration of CEA’s AESA radar technology and Thales’ protected mobility vehicles.
We invite you to join our network of high performing Australian suppliers.
Raytheon Australia is committed to the role of local suppliers (including small to medium enterprises - SMEs) as part of a sovereign and capable Australian Defence industry. We value the strength of our relationships with our local partners who play a crucial role in the success of what we do. Every day we work with our trusted network of Australian capability partners to deliver solutions that meet the highest standards of quality, affordability, safety and performance to support our customer’s mission.
As the proposed PSI for Army’s SRGBAD capability under LAND 19 Ph 7B, Raytheon Australia’s solution has a strong focus on Australian industry participation and the creation of local employment opportunities. We are dedicated to the identification of opportunities for Australian industry to participate in the project and enhance local industry capabilities. As part of this process we will implement an Australian Industry Capability (AIC) development plan to identify Australian suppliers who are able to support activities in areas such as component manufacture, assembly and test, systems integration and in-country sustainment for LAND 19 Ph 7B. This will also establish opportunities for Australian industry to support future NASAMS programs across the globe.
A comprehensive set of Australian industry opportunity areas is available here .
To facilitate our engagement with Australian industry partners we have implemented this supplier portal, as a secure online tool to allow Australian industry to register its interest and provide us with information about their capabilities.
BECOME A SUPPLIER
Registering is the first step to identifying opportunities for your participation in the LAND 19 Phase 7B project and registering your interest in potential future opportunities in the NASAMS global supply chain. This is the first step in our five step process to identify and select suppliers for the project. Details of the process are as follows:
1. Register expressions of interest – potential suppliers are asked to register their interest in the project by completing the questionnaire and providing information on their company’s capabilities. The portal will be open for registrations until 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, 15 October 2017;
2. Initial review – once a company has registered its interest and completed the questionnaire, we will conduct an initial review of the information provided to confirm that registrations are from eligible Australian or New Zealand entities, and that they meet the eligibility criteria for participation in the opportunity areas identified;
3. Industry showcases – all potential suppliers who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to attend the industry showcases . The industry showcases will provide an opportunity for potential suppliers to discuss their capabilities with members of the Raytheon Australia project team. The industry showcase events are expected to commence in November 2017 and will be held in various locations across the country. Information obtained at the industry showcase will be used to support the selection of potential suppliers who will be invited to participate in the next step of the process;
4. Detailed assessment and proposal solicitation – potential suppliers will be the subject of a detailed due diligence process, including assessment of capability and capacity to fulfil the requirements of specific work packages. Further information will be gathered through a combination of an expanded capability questionnaire on the supplier portal, further engagement with the Raytheon Australia project team, and site visits to the facilities of potential suppliers. A shortlist of potential suppliers will be established for specific work packages and requests for proposals issued to the short-listed suppliers; and
5. Supplier selection - Raytheon’s evaluation team will assess all submitted proposals to select qualified suppliers to join the LAND 19 Phase 7B supply chain. Evaluation of proposals will be measured against specific evaluation criteria that will include technical and commercial compliance, past performance, technical and managerial capability, price and the financial viability of respondents.
We will keep all registered potential suppliers informed of their status throughout the process. If you have any further questions about this process visit the Frequently Asked Questions, or email LAND19_PH17B_AIC@raytheon.com.au .
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE
Click here and follow the instructions below to start creating your user profile and register your interest in participating in this project:
To get started as a potential supplier, please:
- Click REGISTER HERE if you are not already signed in.
- You will be asked to set up a new account. Once you are signed in, you will be presented with the Profile page.
- If you are already signed in, you can go to your profile from the top right navigation and click Register to be a Supplier.
Complete the registration process and a member of our team will contact you directly to follow up on your registration.